The primary purposes of the society are to establish effective liaison between persons interested in any aspect of inland saline lakes (including solar pans), to encourage these interests, and to educate the public in the scientific use, management, and conservation of salt lakes.
What are the main activities of the society:
- holds a triennial international conference on salt lake research;
- establish and present awards to support saline lake research worldwide;
- edits special issues of Hydrobiologia and other journals on salt lake research;
- maintains this web site for the purpose of facilitating communication among members, other professionals, and the public;
- participates in the Facebook group — Conservation and Management of Salt Lakes;
- and encourages interest in the limnology of salt lakes.
For more information contact the Secretary Bindy Datson