At the annual meeting by the Board of Directors of the Society the place for the 13th International Conference for Salt Lake Research was selected. It was a close competition between Urmia Lake, Iran (proposed by Dr. Naser Agh) and Ulan-Ude, Russia (proposed by the consortium of several academic institutes from Siberia). The Siberian proposal got the majority of voices.
We are very pleased to invite you to participate in the 13th International Conference on Salt Lake Research (ICSLR2017), which will be held in Ulan-Ude City, Republic of Buryatia, Russia during 21-25 August 2017.
- Application for “Best paper” award for young scientists – January 15, 2017
- On-line registration – April 30, 2017
- Application for travel grants for young scientists – April 30, 2017
- Abstract submission – May 15, 2017
- Post-conference tour registration – May 15, 2017
- International Society for Salt Lake Research
- The Government of the Republic of Buryatia
- Institute of General and Experimental Biology SB RAS (Ulan-Ude)
- Institute of Biophysics SB RAS (Krasnoyarsk)
- Institute of Natural Resources, Ecology and Cryology SB RAS (Chita)
- Buryat State University (Ulan-Ude)
- Russian Hydrobiological Society
The slogan of the conference «Studies on Freshwater and Saline Water Lakes – in Search for a Common Ground». The program of the conference will be organized to reflect the growing interest in saline lakes and related aspects. It will combine traditional sections on geology and chemistry, physics, microbial ecology, food web ecology, human pressures on saline lakes with sections focused on comparative studies of different aquatic ecosystems, predictive mathematical modelling, paleolimnology, effects of water level on the ecology and biogeochemical cycling and other trendy topics in limnology.
The registration fee covers admittance to the scientific sessions, coffees and lunches, mid-conference excursion to Lake Baikal, Welcome Reception. The membership fee of the ISSLR (60 USD for professionals, 20 USD for graduate students for 3 subsequent years) is also included in the registration fee.
Payment before May 15, 2017
- Professionals 280 USD
- Students 160 USD
Payment after May 15, 2017
- Professionals 300 USD
- Students 180 USD
The venue of the conference is the city of Ulan-Ude. Ulan-Ude is the capital of Republic Buryatia located at confluence of the Uda and Selenga Rivers. Time difference between Ulan-Ude and Moscow is 5 hours (if it is afternoon in Moscow, it is 5 p.m. in Ulan-Ude). The conference will held in the Buryat State University located in the historical center of the city.
Lake Baikal is located in 140-150 kilometers from Ulan-Ude. Temperature of nearshore water at the end of August may reach +17-210С.
Middle temperature of air in August in Buryatia is near 150С. Precipitation is about 60 mm. A sharply continental climate determines the big range differences of day and night temperatures. Warm clothes for the field trips and visit to the lake Baikal is needed.
All conference participants will visit the Lake Baikal during the mid-conference one day tour (August 23). For those who want to become familiar with local saline and freshwater lakes several post-conference tours will be organized to visit mountain valleys of Baikal area and steppes of Trans-Baikal and Dauria rich with natural and beautiful landscapes.
Chinese Journal of Oceanology and Limnology (CJOL) will be a responsible journal on special issue publication for upcoming conference 2017 in Ulan-Ude, Siberia, Russia. CJOL had an honor and experience to publish a special issue for the privious 12th International Conference on Salt Lake Research (the content of the special issue) that successfully held on July 14–18, 2014 in the Grand Epoch City, China.
- Conference secretary (General questions): Svetlana Zaitseva (firstname.lastname@example.org, Institute of General and Experimental Biology SB RAS, Sakhyanovoy st. 6, Ulan-Ude, Russia, Phone: +7 914 8378678, 07 3012 434902)
- Chair of the Conference Working Group (Questions on Scientific Program): Darima Barkhutova (email@example.com, Institute of General and Experimental Biology SB RAS, Sakhyanovoy st. 6, Ulan-Ude, Russia, Phone: 07 3012 434902)
- Secretary of the International Society for Salt Lake Research (Questions on Young scientists awards and Travel grants for young scientists): Bindy Datson (firstname.lastname@example.org, Actis Environmental Services PO Box 176 Darlington WA 6070, Australia, Phone: 08 9252 1050, Fax: 08 9252 1051)
- Vice-President of the International Society for Salt Lake Research (Questions on Scientific Program): Egor Zadereev (email@example.com, Institute of Biophysics SB RAS, Akademgorodok, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, Phone: 07 3912 494358, Fax: 07 3912 433400)