The International Society for Salt Lake Research announces triennial international competition, open to all graduate students and early-career scientists. In this competition, the best papers in saline lake studies will be chosen.
An international jury of Board Members of the ISSLR (eleven members from seven countries) will review the papers and choose winners, based on scientific/technical quality (30%), methodological approach and its novelty and quality (30%) and relevance and potential scientific impact of work carried out (40%).
The Society will award two main prizes. The main prize will consist of a certificate and an ISSLR grant (up to 750 USD to cover travel costs and/or registration fee) to attend the 2017 ISSLR regular conference. The regular conference will take place in Ulan-Ude (Siberia, Russia) in August 2017.
During this conference, each winner will be required to give a Plenary Lecture (30 min) on his/her winning article and related research.
Conditions for participating in the competition:
• The candidate must be the first (or contact) author of the submitted paper.
• The paper must be in the field of saline/brackish lake studies.
• The paper must be written in English.
• The paper must have been published or fully accepted for publication in 2014-2016.
• The paper should not be co-authored by the Board Member of the ISSLR.
• To participate in competition the candidate must be a graduate student or an early career professional not older than 35 years.
Materials to submit:
• The filled application form signed by all co-authors of the paper.
• Reprint of the paper or alternatively the manuscript with all tables and figures in one single PDF file accompanied by the acceptance letter from the journal.
Competition candidates should submit all above mentioned in electronic form to the competition coordinator, Secretary of the ISSLR, Bindy Datson (email@example.com).
15 January 2017 – Deadline for submission of the materials to the competition coordinator, Bindy Datson
15 February 2017 – The competition winners will be announced.
21-25 August 2017 – Awards will be given to the competition winners at a special session, dedicated to this contest, at the XIII International Conference on Salt Lake Research (Ulan-Ude, Russia). To be present at the conference and giving a presentation there is a condition for receiving the prize.